Photo Ornament will be a cherished keepsake
What a great way to make an Ornament that will be a treasure for years to come. These are the kinds of ornaments that bring back wonderful memories and are cherished forever. You can get as elaborate has you would like or as simple. I will include the link to the directions for this style but you could just as easily use card stock, mount a picture on it with double sided sticky tape and put an ornament hook thru a hole punched on top to hang it.
Recycle newspaper into fun beads
These fun beads are made from newspaper! They are easy to do and almost free!!
1. Rip newspaper into small strips.
2. Put the strips into a large pot and fill with enough boiling water to cover.
3. Let sit for an hour or so then stir to break down the paper.
4. Drain as much water as you can then add enough elmers glue (or any other glue that dries clear) to hold it together in a ball shape.
5. Roll the mixture into bead sized balls, rolling out as much water as you can. Let them dry for a few days rolling to keep round shape several times a day.
6. Let dry completely then sand to smooth out the rough edges.
7. Drill a whole though the bead large enough for the string you are using. Paint with left over craft paint, then give them a coat of varnish.
8. Arrange on desired string, or put together with jewelry hardware.
I found this great idea at http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7jEIe3/www.astorybooklife.com/how-to/paper-beads/